ETA® International Fiber Optic Certification Training & FCC Testing Facility
87-19.01D(2), I.C.A.C. FOI & FOT Certification Training Facility
Now Available on GSA Advantage
JM Fiber Optics as been conducting vendor neutral fiber optic certification training since 1994, with hundreds of students successfully completing one of our courses. Because of this, JM Fiber Optics has become a leading fiber optic training provider in North America. In addition to professional ETA® certification training, we offer our own a 3-day advanced Testing & Troubleshooting course. For those needing their FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License, we offer the written examination, Element 1 & Element 3 right here at JM Fiber Optics.
Not All ETA® Courses Are Taught The Same
When choosing where you receive your ETA® fiber optic training, be aware that not all training facilities are held to the same high standards as JM Fiber Optics. Some are “traveling road shows” that teach from a hotel or at a trade conference. They simply teach you how to pass the written test and meet the minimum hands-on requirements, but you retain little to nothing at all. They even charge you extra for a written training manual to makes note on and use in the field. That will never happen at JM Fiber Optics! Our courses are taught by highly experienced individuals in the field of fiber optics in “real world” environments. We go far beyond the minimum requirements of ETA® to pass the written and hands-on tests. We want you to retain what you learn and be ready to “hit the ground running” on day 1!
Our FOI courses are much different when others. While they teach using old methods such as fiber terminations with anaerobic epoxy connectors and hand polishing, we use pre-polished mechanical and fusion spliced connectors. In addition, our FOI students are required to successfully build, test and troubleshoot a complete 12 strand fiber link using wall and rack mount patch panels with a cartridge and traditional splice tray. Others will have you simply splice a single strand of fiber together or make patch cables, without ever working with a fiber patch panel. Seriously, what good is this!
Our FOT courses are even more intense. Not only do you learn the theory of how to calculate link loss for a passive and active fiber network, you will also be taught how to create a fiber assignment schedule, read design drawings, understanding a project scope of work, planning and mobilization for a fiber project, and other critical project tasks. Like in our FOI course, you will have you build, test and troubleshoot a complete fiber passive optical fiber link with the addition of splicing in an OSP closure. We also bring in a fiber “jetting” machine and teach you how to correctly prep and blow micro-fiber cable through a multi-chamber innerduct, which is now one of the the most common method to install OSP fiber cable. How many other ETA® FOT courses teach you all this in addition to the basic course requirements?
Why Training Through JM Fiber Optics?
- At least 75% of class time is in a hands-on environment for your specific course with an average “students to instructor” ratio of 7 to 1.
- Our ETA® training courses are 4 & 5 full days versus manufacturer specific or “suitcase training” that is taught for 3 days or less with little to no hands-on instruction, and no passive or active fiber network to splice, test or troubleshoot.
- Our specialized training lab that is second to none by utilizing our live fiber network!
- Our competition charges extra for a training manual, but not us. Each student will be given an in-depth training manual to take notes and keep for use in the field. It’s included at no extra charge!
- We use the latest test and splice equipment from leading industry manufacturers.
- Our training gives students the overall knowledge about products, tools, and equipment they will need without the influence of a specific manufacturer or price.
- Can’t make it to one of our open enrollment courses but need immediate training? No problem, we can come to you. Whether you are interested in an ETA® certification course or one specifically developed for your needs, we can teach it at your location (minimum 10 students).
5-Day ETA ® Certified Fiber Optic Technician-Outside Plant (FOT-OSP) – Coming Soon!
If you have any questions regarding training offered by JM Fiber Optics, feel free to give a call during normal business hours (PDT) at 1-909-628-3445. You can also send an email to email@example.com or register online.
At JM Fiber Optics, we look forward to solving your fiber optic training needs, today!