ETA® International Fiber Optic Certification Training & FCC Testing Facility
87-19.01D(2), I.C.A.C. FOI & FOT Certification Training Facility
Now Available on GSA Advantage
JM Fiber Optics as been conducting vendor neutral fiber optic certification training since 1994, with hundreds of students successfully completing one of our courses. Because of this, JM Fiber Optics has become a leading fiber optic training provider in North America. In addition to professional ETA® certification training, we offer our own a 3-day advanced Testing & Troubleshooting course. For those needing their FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License, we offer the written examination, Element 1 & Element 3 right here at JM Fiber Optics.
Can’t make it to one of our open enrollment courses but need immediate training? No problem, we can come to you. Whether you are interested in an ETA® certification course or one specifically developed for your needs, we can teach it at your location (minimum 10 students).
5-Day ETA ® Certified Fiber Optic Technician-Outside Plant (FOT-OSP) – Coming Soon!
Why Training Through JM Fiber Optics?
- At least 75% of class time is in a hands-on environment for your specific course with an average “students to instructor” ratio of 7 to 1.
- Our ETA® training courses are 5 full days versus manufacturer specific or “suitcase training” that is taught for 3 days or less with little to no hands-on instruction, and no fiber network to splice, test or troubleshoot.
- Our specialized training lab that is second to none by utilizing our live fiber network!
- Our competition charges extra for a training manual, but not us. Each student will be given an in-depth training manual to take notes and keep for use in the field. It’s included at no extra charge!
- We use the latest test and splice equipment from leading industry manufacturers.
- Our training gives students the overall knowledge about products, tools, and equipment they will need without the influence of a specific manufacturer or price.
No Need For Field Trips!
Our training lab is fully equipped with live 10GbE switches, that all run a singlemode fiber optic network. Students will test and troubleshoot live and dark fiber using an OTDR and OLTS. Students will also splice and terminate fiber cable in an OSP closure and fiber distribution panels using a splice tray and cartridge. But it does not stop there. Students will also learn to Jett microfiber cable right at our facility using the latest equipment available. Who else does all this? NOBODY! If you would like to use your own equipment during training, feel free to bring with you. It will be used alongside our own fiber equipment during the hands-on lab training.
Retain What You Learn!
We are about teaching while retaining, not simply how to pass the ETA® test! Our certified instructors are technically skilled, with a wide variety of practical and hands-on experience working with fiber optics. This “real world” experience allows us to give you unique insights into fiber projects. In our courses you will learn from a unique balance of theory and hands-on lab time. This will allow you to retain what you learned and put this knowledge to work in the field.
If you have any questions regarding training offered by JM Fiber Optics, feel free to give a call during normal business hours (PDT) at 1-888-343-4237. You can also send an email to email@example.com or register online.
At JM Fiber Optics, we look forward to solving your fiber optic training needs, today!